Premium Investors in buy-back

best-interests/cent/chairman/

7 July 2009
| By Amal Awad |
image
image
expand image

Premium Investors intends to purchase approximately 8 per cent of the company’s fully paid ordinary shares on issue. Premium chairman Tom Collins said the buy-back is part of the company’s “continuing capital management plan”.

“We are committed to managing the company’s capital structure in the interests of all our shareholders. The buy-back is expected to be accretive to net tangible assets per share,” he said.

The move follows a request last month from a number of Dixon Advisory shareholders to consider amendments to the company’s constitution, as well as the removal of the current Premium board, to be replaced with Dixon Advisory staff — a result that could allow the new board to wind up the company.

“These proposals would potentially force shareholders to exit their investment while the market is coming off historic lows and would entail shareholders losing franking credits and other tax benefits,” Collins said.

Collins reiterated the board’s initial response to the proposals, saying that they do not support them and do not believe the proposals are in the best interests of shareholders. The Premium board is set to announce its full response to Dixon Advisory’s proposals later this week.

The on-market share buy-back is effective from July 21, 2009, until September 18, 2009, or until approximately 8 per cent of the full paid ordinary shares have been acquired.

Read more about:

AUTHOR

Recommended for you

sub-bgsidebar subscription

Never miss the latest news and developments in wealth management industry

MARKET INSIGHTS

So we are now underwriting criminal scams?...

2 months ago

Glad to see the back of you Steve. You made financial more expensive, not more affordable as you claim, and presided ...

2 months ago

Completely agree Peter. The definition of 'significant change is circumstances relevant to the scope of the advice' is s...

4 months 1 week ago

A Sydney financial adviser has been permanently banned from providing any financial services, with the regulator deriding his “lack of integrity, trustworthiness and prof...

3 weeks 1 day ago

Minister for Financial Services, Stephen Jones, has provided further information about the second tranche of the Delivering Better Financial Outcomes (DBFO) reforms....

2 weeks ago

One licensee has lost 27 advisers in the past week, now sitting at zero, according to the latest Wealth Data figures....

3 weeks 1 day ago

TOP PERFORMING FUNDS