Challenger initiates buy-back
After finalising the sale of its financial planning business last month, Challenger Financial Group has announced an on-market buy-back.
The company announced to the Australian Securities Exchange today that it would be looking to buy-back up to 10 per cent of issued capital from July 21.
It said that the total number of shares purchased by Challenger would depend on market conditions and would be evaluated against alternative investment opportunities throughout the buy-back period.
Challenger said that it had previously provided guidance on its second half dividend of 7.5 cents a share, and was reaffirming its confidence in its underlying profit.
It said it had appointed Deutsche Bank to work with the company during its capital management program.
Recommended for you
ASIC has released the results of its first adviser exam to be held in 2025, with 241 candidates attempting the test.
Quarterly Wealth Data analysis has uncovered positive improvements in financial adviser numbers compared with losses in the prior corresponding period.
Holding portfolios that are too complex or personalised can be a detractor for acquirers of financial advice firms as they require too much effort to maintain post-acquisition.
As the financial advice profession continues to wait on further DBFO legislation, industry commentators have encouraged advisers to act now in driving practice efficiency.